// A Flourish Fellowship Course //
LIGHT + SOUL
with Amber Talbert
A guide to creating light-infused images that speak to the heart.
How can you create magical images? My answer is light, and I use it with intention to make an impact on my images. It’s light with a touch of your heart imprinted on each image. I have a heightened adoration for light. I strongly believe it is what breathes life and evokes an emotional sensation into our images. We all want to create images that are visually thought-provoking, but do they leave your viewer inspired with a feeling? We can create the connection that brings your images full circle. Be enlightened and deﬁne where an image becomes art.
The course curriculum:
- Learn how to use indoor and outdoor light in effective storytelling.
- Understanding the approach of true documentary to artistic expressions and how to create a beautiful balance between both.
- Learn to visualize and compose yourself to see the light indoor and outdoor.
- Learn to create the mood. Editing for emotional impact and achieve warm, beautiful tones.
- Learn to add creative tools and apply techniques for creative expression include freelensing, light bending with prisms and more!
- General understanding of light.
- A DSLR.
- General ability to use your camera in manual mode.
- Access to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
The downloadable material (that's yours to keep):
- PDF guide that includes:
- An in depth light exploration over the power of golden hour, artificial light, indoor light and more.
- Tips and tricks to nailing focus in intense backlight.
- Exploring awareness of the light that surrounds you and being in the moment.
- Exploring the relationship of light and shadows.
- Understanding emotional significance of light scenarios.
- 40+ minute editing video showing how I edit various light scenarios.
Amber is a wife and mother of six children, living the life an hour outside of Dallas in the prairies of north Texas. She adores nostalgia, travel, reading, and is an avid adventurer. Amber is a light seeker drawn to bold and colorful storytelling images.
FAQ about Flourish courses:
Flourish: Rooting for each other and watching each other grow
What is the difference between a Flourish course and a Bloom Workshop?
Flourish courses are self-led courses via downloadable learning materials. Participants of our Flourish courses have a private section within the forum to connect and interact with other Flourish participants. They can also submit questions to the Flourish host anytime during the course duration in which the host will answer selected questions from the pool. A recorded Q & A video will be available after the course ends and will be available for download. The Flourish course section will be open for two months after the course ends for participants to gather and save information.
Bloom Workshops are instructor lead, interactive classes that last over a 2-4 week duration. Students have daily interaction with the instructor and active/assignment students receive feedback on their assignments and have the ability to ask the instructor questions. Unique material is created for each Bloom workshop (PDFs, videos, assignments, lessons, etc) and is shared either daily or weekly depending on the instructor’s teaching preferences. The workshop will be open for two months after the workshop ends for students to gather and save information. Please note that the teacher will not be available to answer questions after the conclusion of the course.
If you have additional questions about our Flourish courses and Bloom Workshops, please don’t hesitate to email us at EVERYTHINGBLOOM@GMAIL.COM or click on the connect link in the menu above. We’re happy to help you find the right fit for you!
Am I required to be online at a certain time of day if I purchase a Flourish course?
Nope! With 24 hour access to the Flourish forum, our Flourish courses are developed so you can read/study/work at your own pace during the course allotted dates. So no worries if you reside in another country, we have you covered!
Are Flourish courses available to purchase after they are finished?
Yes! After a Flourish course has ended, it will be listed our Bloom Store for purchase.
What file extensions are the materials created in?
You will need to be able to open and view PDFs, .mov and .mp4 files.
Do I need to be a member of The Bloom Forum to purchase a Flourish course?
You do not need to be a member of The Bloom Forum to purchase a Flourish course. Once you purchase a Flourish course, you will be granted access to the course section on the forum. However, you will not have access to the entire Bloom Forum.
How do I access the course information?
When you purchase a course, you will be asked to provide an username and password. This will be the log in information for the forum where the course will be held. Once you log in, just click on Flourish Courses in the top menu and you’ll be taken to the Flourish section of the forum. There you will see the list of courses and you will be able to access the course you purchased.